Free Consultation & No Fee Guarantee
You don’t pay unless we win your Kentucky car accident case! Call now: (502) 584-9511
Kentucky Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you’ve been in a pedestrian accident, you may have some questions. The Schafer Law Office’s personal injury attorneys have the answers!
- What To Do After Your Pedestrian Accident in Louisville, KY
- What Is the Legal Difference between a Pedestrian Accident and a Car Accident in Kentucky?
- What Are Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Louisville, KY?
- What Can Pedestrians Do To Avoid Accidents in KY?
- Contact Louisville KY Pedestrian Accident Attorney
What To Do After Your Pedestrian Accident in Louisville, KY
Pedestrian accident victims need to act quickly. If you’re not sure how to start your case, or you have questions, contact a personal injury attorney. They can answer your questions and help you with those critical details. For example, one of the most important pieces in your case is the evidence. Unfortunately, evidence can disappear quickly in pedestrian accidents, especially if it’s a hit-and-run case. That’s why you and your attorney need to act quickly.
Here’s a checklist of what you could do at the accident scene. Only do these if you are able and it does not put you in danger:
- Call 9-1-1.
- Take pictures of the accident scene.
- Gather the other party’s name, contact information, insurance information, and license number.
After your pedestrian accident:
- See a doctor immediately after your accident.
- Call an attorney.
- Don’t sign anything
- Don’t speak with the insurance company until you speak with a Louisville pedestrian accident attorney.
What Is the Legal Difference between a Pedestrian Accident and a Car Accident in Kentucky?
Accidents that involve pedestrians and cars are different from those that involve vehicles only. Walkers are completely unprotected. Pedestrians are also not as easy to see as other vehicles.
The injuries pedestrians receive in accidents tend to be more serious than those in car accidents. Their injuries are often fatal or life-changing. If you are injured in a pedestrian accident, you usually can’t work and you have medical bills to pay. You would think that dealing with the insurance company would be easy. Unfortunately, there are many issues that come up when dealing with the insurance company. These issues include:
•Which insurance company will pay the medical bills after my pedestrian accident injury?
•Will lost wages be paid?
•Will pain and suffering be compensated?
What Are Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Louisville, KY?
Usually, a negligent or inattentive driver is at-fault when a pedestrian is hurt. This can take many forms including:
- A driver turning at the same time as a pedestrian crossing a crosswalk.
- A driver entering the street from a driveway or parking spot and pulling or backing into traffic without noticing a pedestrian.
- A driver running a stop sign or red light.
- A driver passing too close to a pedestrian while trying to pass on the road.
- An impaired driver.
It is very important for Kentucky drivers to be attentive and recognize that pedestrians are near the road and crossing roads. Both pedestrians and motorists must obey the same basic Kentucky traffic laws in order to maintain their safety.
What Can Pedestrians Do To Avoid Accidents in KY?
One of the most important things a pedestrian can do to avoid an accident in KY when crossing the street is to be aware of their surroundings. There may be a stop sign, but that doesn’t mean the car will stop. This also goes for walking signals. There may be a sign saying you may cross, but there may be a car turning left or right that may not see you. Before crossing the street, you should:
- Look both ways before you cross the street, even if you have a walk signal.
- Watch the cars. Make sure they slow down or come to a complete stop before you proceed.
- Make eye contact with the driver of the car. That way, you know they have seen you.
Contact Louisville KY Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident, you need to get legal advice from a Kentucky pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible. You’ll want to make sure any evidence that will help your case can still be gathered. You’ll want to make sure that the evidence is not destroyed. A Louisville pedestrian accident attorney can help you understand your case and Kentucky law. You want a pedestrian injury attorney who cares about you. You’ll find all that and much more in Mike Schafer, Bryan Meader, and The Schafer Law Office.
With Mike Schafer and Bryan Meader on your side, you’ll be in good hands. The Schafer Law Office has been helping pedestrian accident victims in KY get compensated for more than 25 years. Unlike big pedestrian accident law firms in KY that will have other people work on your case, Mike or Bryan is personally involved in every case.
The Schafer Law Office knows the challenges and pitfalls of Kentucky pedestrian accident injury cases, all the tactics of the “other” side, and how to best present the facts. They can handle the brutal tactics of the insurance companies. In fact, before Mike opened The Schafer Law Office in injury and accident law, Mike worked for an insurance defense firm. He really knows all the tactics the insurance companies have up their sleeves.