If you’re not sure how to start your case or you have questions, contact a personal injury attorney. They can answer your questions and help you with those critical details. For example, one of the most important pieces in your case is the evidence. Unfortunately, trucks are often just passing through on their way to their destinations and evidence can quickly disappear. That’s why you and your attorney need to act quickly.
What to do after an accident checklist
Here’s a checklist of things you could do at the accident scene. Only do these if you are able and it does not put you in danger.
- Call 9-1-1
- Get the medical help you need immediately
- Take pictures of the accident scene
- Gather the other party’s name, contact information, insurance information and license number
After the truck accident:
- See your doctor and follow up treatment
- Call an attorney as soon as you can
- Don’t sign anything
- Don’t speak with the insurance company until you speak with an attorney