Frequently Asked Questions

The Schafer Law office FAQ's

Below are some initial questions many clients have when they first contact Michael A. Schafer, Attorney at Law. The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find the answers here, you should contact us for answers to questions specific to your case. The consultation is free.

  • Page 1
  • How Long Do I Have To File A Motorcycle Accident Case?

    In Kentucky, the statute of limitations for a motorcycle accident is two years from the date of the accident. The case could also be filed two years from the date of the last no fault payment, not to exceed a total of four years. If you had insurance, the last no fault payment is the last payment your insurance company made for either your medical bills or your loss wages. To be safe, it is best to file within two years from the date of the accident.

  • Who Will Pay To Fix My Motorcycle?

    The insurance company of the person who hit you will pay to fix your motorcycle. If the insurance company challenges whose fault the accident is, they may not pay for your damages immediately. If this is the case and you have collision coverage on your policy, you may want to turn to your insurance company. They will fix your motorcycle, but you'll have to pay your deductible. Your insurance company then would attempt to collect the deductible back from the at-fault party's insurance company.