If I’m Injured On A Bike, How Do My Medical Bills Get Paid?

Bike accidents are a little different than other motor vehicle accident cases. The no fault insurance (also called PIP or Basic Reparation Benefits) of the vehicle that you were in would normally pay for your medical bills. In the situation of a bicycle accident, the first responsibility for medical bills is with the insurance company of the car that hit you. Your no fault application will be presented to them. If, for some reason, the car that hit you was not insured, you would proceed under the car insurance of your own vehicle.