Spring Break is finally here! This is a great time for family members or students in school to go on vacation. Many of us could use a nice vacation after the winter we had this past season. Here are a few tips to help make this Spring Break one to remember.
Driving to your destination:
- If you’re driving to your destination, make sure to get plenty of sleep the night before the trip. That way, everyone will be well rested for the trip.
- If you’re driving with multiple people who can drive, make sure everyone has a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and the vehicle registration is up-to-date.
- You should also take turns driving. It’s hard for one driver to drive the entire time, especially if it’s a long trip. When you take turns that allows the driver to relax and even take a nap.
- Plan ahead, and know how to get to your destination. GPS are great for this, but it never hurts to also look at a map just in case your GPS malfunctions.
- If you leave your car for a rest stop or other breaks, keep your belongings out of sight. This will help prevent theft.
Hotel safety tips:
- When you get to your hotel or condo, try to keep your room number private from people who are not in your party. This helps to keep you safe as well as helps reduce theft.
- Once you are in your room, double check any doors or windows to make sure they are secure and locked.
- Always lock the door when you leave your room, or when you are going to bed.
- Keep all valuables in a safe place. Many hotels have safes in the room. That is a great place to store your valuables.
These are just a few tips to keep in mind when you’re traveling to your vacation destination. It’s also important to remember to drink responsibly. If you do have a few drinks, remember to never drink and drive. Instead, hire a taxi, Uber or assign someone in your group to be a designated driver. This will help get everyone back to the hotel safely. Along with that, also be aware of your surroundings. You may be an excellent driver, but you never know when a drunk or distracted driving accident could happen. So, to help plan for the unexpected, take note of where the closest hospitals are in your vacation area. Hopefully, you won’t have to go to one, but it’s good to know if an unexpected accident occurs.
Vacations are meant to be fun. No one wants an injury or accident to happen. That’s why planning ahead and knowing some safety tips will help keep it that way.