If you are anywhere near Shelbyville Road and the Watterson Expressway in Louisville, you will have no doubt in your mind as to what time of year it is. There is traffic everywhere because of the holidays. Between Thanksgiving and New Year’s, Shelbyville Road resembles a parking lot. Four lanes of traffic going both east and west along with motorists trying to get from one place to another can get pretty crazy. This kind of traffic leads to frustration which can result in road rage. Frustrated drivers and drivers that are in a hurry can lead to fender benders or even more substantial car accidents. Fender benders as well as more serious car accidents can destroy the holiday spirit.
Holiday driving safety tips
A few tips to remember this holiday season, especially around the high traffic areas, include:
- Drive slowly. This is particularly important in areas of heavy traffic.
- Be aware of the weather and be able to adapt to the changing conditions.
- Keep the distractions to a minimum. Stay focused on the road knowing that others drivers may be less focused than you.
- Keep a safe distance between you and the drivers in front of you for braking and unusual movements.
- Go into the adventure knowing that you will be spending much more time in traffic than usual. Being aware of this will cut down on the frustration and anxiety of the trip.
Thanksgiving Day is the beginning of the holiday season. As always it has snuck up on most of us. Safety may not be something that is on your mind as we go into this time of year. However, there are few things you should be aware of in regards to accidents. There will be car accidents that happen over the holidays. Unfortunately, it’s inevitable. No matter how safe you try to be, they will happen. However, there are steps you can take to avoid car accidents and make sure you have a safe and thankful Thanksgiving. To help you achieve this goal, The Schafer Law Office has provide a small infographic below to remind of you of some of the statistics and dangers that are lurking on the roadways, as well as some tips on how you can make sure your Thanksgiving is filled with food and football and not hospital trips. Also, as a Kentucky Car Accident Attorney, I wish you safe travels!
Embed this image on your site
<a href=”https://www.mikeschaferlaw.com/blog/dangers-of-holiday-travel/” mce_href=” https://dss.fosterwebmarketing.com/upload/mikeschaferlaw.com/TDayTravelInfographic.jpg” mce_src=”http://i56.tinypic.com/11lpiy8.jpg” alt=”Kentucky Car Accident Information” width=”500″ border=”0″ /></a><br />[Source: <a href=”https://www.mikeschaferlaw.com/” mce_href=”http://MikeSchaferLaw.com/”>www.mikeschaferlaw.com.com</a>]